Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Napping and Sheets

How do you like your sleeping arrangements? We all have our specific way we like to travel into snooze town, and we have plenty of options to choose from. Maybe you’re they type who’s perfectly fine flopping onto the couch to drift off. Or you could be the type that has trouble sleeping unless they sleep in their own, super soft bed. In any case, everyone has specific ways they go to sleep.

In my own napping ventures, I’ve fallen asleep in my fair share of quirky places. I’ve snuck in a nap of the floor next to the heater, I’ve drooled in a chair, I’ve slept in a bus with my head smushed against  the seat in front of me. Still, I like to sleep in a good old fashioned bed like most everyone else I can think of.

My sleeping habits are pretty normal. I drool occasionally, I can toss and turn, my feet have fallen asleep many times before. Yet there is one habit I have that makes my mother think there’s something off about me.

I don’t like sleeping under the sheets. This isn’t to say that I don’t sleep under the covers, but sheets? I simply have no use for them. My mom thinks I’m mad, but I think it’s a very valid reason. The whole point of sleeping is to be as comfortable as possible, and sheets do not help me with that. They’re crisp, crunchy…. those are not words I would use to describe my favorite place to sleep.

I don’t know a lot of others who dislike sleeping in the sheets, but then again, people have weirder sleeping habits than that. There are people who even get it on while they're sleeping!

All I know that I like to get in my recommended amount of sleep wherever possible. Even if that means falling asleep on the ground in front of the heater.

What’s an odd sleeping habit you have?

No comments:

Post a Comment