Sunday, March 6, 2011

Old Lady Sleeping Habits and Figuring Out Time

People, I have got to say something.

I am probably the most old-lady version of a college student.
You know how the other day I don't function well without sleep? Well, I've been making sure I've been in that state of spaciness for a few days.
Staying up late, waking up early... Probably not the best idea. Eh, tonight will end up being an early one.

Time is a strange thing. Earlier today the room mate and I were talking about how shocking it is that it's already almost the end of the winter term. It's already March! Some of our other hall mates commented how this term seemed to go on a lot longer than the fall term, but we both thought the complete opposite. Why is it that time tends to feel different for everyone despite the fact that we all receive time in the same increments?
Well, they weren't freshmen either. Does that add into the equation of time passing by quickly? It could. I mean, we've been experiencing so many different situations in this year,

Another thing that has been passing through my mind is how time works with plans. Sometimes we are giving more time than we know what do to with, but then there are the times where everything gets piled up, and there was no time to get it done earlier.

As much as I'd like to have life to be perfectly organized, I know that there's no way that can happen. I can't control time. I can't control other people. One must simply go with the flow of life.

Welp, those are my thoughts for the day. Therefore, let Dead week begin!

2 comments:

  1. It's sooo crazy how time has flown.

    Haha, yeah, I've had to admit that I can't function on no sleep...unless Adderall's involved, lol. 8 hours of sleep is a goal I don't always achieve, but I strive for. There's a lot of interesting links to sleep and hormonal regulation/biochemical balance/metabolism

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm basically religious about falling asleep by 10:30. Even when I'm out, it's like The Universe is directing me.

    ReplyDelete